Wednesday, September 26, 2007

oN LeaVe...

Had more activities lined up as compared to my usual on leave=stay in bed till late, charge battery. Well, this leave was more eventful, as this was what happened:

23rd Sept:After work, went straight to Ipoh for Yuki & Michael Wong's wedding. Was raining so heavily on the way down our beloved Genting's hill slope that I almost gave up & ask Dada to stop the car by the side. However, he went on, more cautious than he already was..and continued on..Dinner was OK, however, this is the 1st time that I arrived at a wedding with neither the bride nor the groom available at the reception to welcome us...made us look like a bunch of hungry ghosts who can't wait to go in & attack the food. We were on time, not early...mind u..the invitation says 7PM..however, no one was there to welcome us...what a COLD reception...well,could go on & on about the wedding..however, I'll just shut up & take mental notes on what NOT to do when it's my own Wedding...;) After the wedding, drove straight back to Taiping. Stopped at Tai Hu to watch the MATCH OF THE WEEK: MAN UTD vs CHELSEA. We were both damn tired, but I had to accompany my Dada watch his fav Man Utd in action. Sat beside an elderly couple..well, looks like the wife is accompanying her husband to watch the match as well. I asked Dada, "Would u like it if I would still accompany u to watch EPL matches here when we're that old?" He replied, "Of coz, dear.."(with his eyes fixed on the screen..making sure Giggs completed the pass) He didn't even realise it was a trick question. I shot back "What about the 42-inch plasma TV in our "living room" that u promised? Why wanna watch matches out here when u can enjoy it at the comfort of our own home?" Hmm..speechless..
Lesson: I'm still quick even when I'm damn exhausted. Don't try ur luck with me...


Queuing for Chau Kway Teow


24th Sept:Jalan-jalan cari makan with Dada, Jennie & Douglas in Penang. Hahaha...had heaps of fun, especially the ride to Balik Pulau..have never seen a traffic light in control at a sloppy, narrow road before. It was fun, going to the town area(which reminds me of Tamparuli town back in KK), searching for a shop called "Lam Kong" just for its signature Asam Laksa...which was ok...Next stop, went to a "Lorong Selamat" for a plate of "Chau Kway Teow". It's recommended by a book that Jennie had in hand, map to all the best food in Malaysia. It even had a photo of the stall with the auntie in action, which looks exactly like the pic above. (With the same red chef hat & glasses) U have to queue up to order & get ur food, some found out in a sacarstic way:

Customer A: Auntie, 2 plates chau kway teow, send to the table at the corner.
Auntie: Can, can..queue up first, look at the line behind me.

Customer B: Auntie, this line is for getting the food or ordering? Can I order now?
Auntie: Can, can queue up first & wait for your turn to order.

Super Lan C..I think the uniqueness is that it tastes different as compared to other "Penang Chau Kway Teow" coz she fried it with charcoal instead of gas.

Next, took a break from all the eating to a bit of walking around. To me, it means "shopping" but dada turned it into "window shopping". Didn't buy anything at all...which is really not the real "ME". Then we headed to a place selling "tau sa peng" with 150 years of history. They had a cool "Chinese Dynasty Emperor Chair" which I just can't miss the chance to grab a photo with Jennie.

Jennie & I as Empress & Kwai Fei




Last stop: Gurney Drive. Wow...the water..hardly visible, but the food..incredible. Tried many varieties..which was great...Penang is really a food heaven!! OK...time to lose weight from now on...

25th Sept:There's a fun fair in Taiping town. Dada & I headed there after dinner at Pizza Hut. The fair sorta transformed us back to our childhood days. We played, laughed & screamed like little kids..The luckiest thing that happened to us that night was at the booth for exchanging tokens, someone dropped a RM50 note. Didn't notice it at first, dada saw it first. "Da, someone dropped money, quick,pick it up!" I was still blur blur, was expecting perhaps a few cents, or RM5 note at the most. When I looked down..RM50!!! WOW..I quickly grabbed it. The guy queuing in front of us must have seen it too...as it was practically right beside his boots..but too bad..I got it first!!!

Dada having fun



Then, we went on 1 of those fun rides..the one that turns round & round ,up & down..we got into the act of being little kids again...we screamed & screamed...hahaha...it was so much fun...a great way to release stress as well..Then, with our lucky RM50 note, we bought 3 DVDs, & a bag each to end the day.

Silver Bag = For Her, Light Blue Bag= For Him

No comments: