Saturday, October 6, 2007

ReCenT HaPPeNinGs...

Candid Camera Target
Last week, I was "targetted" twice for random snapshots taken. Went to a Crystal Exhibition opening on the 29th of Sept. There were several photographers there to cover the launching. Suddenly, one came up to me & asked me to pose beside a giant piece of crystal. Not sure which newspaper he is working for, I hesitated (especially when the situation made me feel more embarassed than proud as all my fellow colleagues were laughing at me!)

Then, there was this SMILE campaign going on around the workplace. Our in-house photographer was walking around, snapping pictures randomly & I happened to be caught! Further more, he didn't tell me he decided to use that photo to be put in a "Hall of Fame" of smiling employees..Felt so embarassed, the picture wasn't the best pic of me & I HATE it being put up there!

2 Choices of New Love Nest
22-37
After months of eager anticipation, finally we received an official announcement to draw lots for the newly built units for Asst Managers. I have been waiting for it as I realised I should be better off staying alone. Not that my current roommates are unbearable, it's just that due to our difference in shifts & lifestyles, they somehow or rather always wake me up when I'm in Dreamland. I get woken up easily by the slightest sound. Hence, it's good news that these units are single rooms & I don't have to share.

Not really sure what to wish for, I just picked a number from the lot. 22-37, hmm..not too bad, my fav number 7 is there. My unit is quite far from the lift. However, I'll get to enjoy the peace & quiet (hopefully) as not many would be walking past it.

18-18
Next, Dada's turn to draw. There was a large crowd, much larger crowd than the female session the previous day. Earlier on, I wished for a room totally opposite from mine so that we'll get 'the best of both worlds'. But then, Dada wished for the most auspicious Chinese number..the best in the whole building (18-18).

When his turn came, we were both excited. Sure enough, he picked the BEST number from the bowl - 18-18..the whole crowd WOWed us....was sooo happy! We were the center of attention in that room from the second dada's number was announced. We were just so happy that we didn't care much. But wherever we go or whoever we walked past, there's the remark "wah..u got 18-18" Both our wishes came true as his room is on the opposite end of mine 4 floors lower & facing a different view. So, this is our selected new Love Nest...

Dada, how come u r always so smart & lucky? - to be able to pick the BEST number in the whole lot...just as u picked the BEST girl (ME) among all the rest more than 2 & a half years ago??

No comments: