Sunday, October 7, 2007

1818 WiNs 1st PriZe!

Received a call from my mum around 10.30PM last nite just as Dada was getting ready for work. It was quite an odd hour to get a call from my mum. However, it was a call delivering GREAT NEWS!

The previous day, I called her to tell her about Dada's & my new room number. I asked her to buy 4D as both Dada & I don't. Was thinking if it's good luck, might as well share it with those closest to me.

My niece told me, "Gugu, popo has something to tell u" and she passed the phone to mum:

Mum: B, the number u gave me struck 4D, u know? (I thought she was joking)
Me: Come on mum, seriously, is it true?
Mum: Of coz la, or else y would I call you so late at nite? I called just to tell you the news!
Me: Really? Which number was it?
Mum: 1818 la..Ah Fui's (dada) number! Your number didn't come out.
Me: Waaa..really? How much did u win? What number came out? (in what sequence)
Mum: The exact number 1818! Me? I won few thousands la..not much
(Dad in background) Tell her, it's not enough to cover their car plate number 9714 that I have been buying everyweek since July!
Me: WOW! That's great!
Mum: Yeah, so u can expect a treat when you guys are back (in a lower tone) You know ur dad, don't worry about what he said. He's just as excited & happy as me!
Me: Hahaha..can't wait for the GRAND SEAFOOD FEAST in 2 weeks' time when we go back..

Wow..we have been really lucky recently...just hope that Lady Luck will stay with us forever..

No comments: