Sunday, December 9, 2007

HaPPY BiRthDaY BaoBei

glitter graphics
Free Glitter Graphics

My dearest, dearest baobei, turned 10 yesterday. Unfortunately, am unable to celebrate it with her. For as long as I could remember..I think the last time we got to celebrate with her was in 2004, before I started working.

Every year, I ask her to hope for the best..that perhaps, maybe next year, I can take time off to go back & celebrate with her. However, I have been a very bad aunt, as I'm unable to do so. Sometimes, I pity her, as her childhood will not be filled with happy memories that includes birthday bashes every year. I feel guilty sometimes, for leaving home & working sooo far away. As if there aren't any good jobs in KK for me.

I miss being able to see her grow day by day. Though I'm not her mum & I do not need to bear direct & full responsibilty. However, I still feel sad sometimes when I think of her & realise how much she means to me & how much I miss her. She's such a dear & have been trained with solid foundation by ME. She knows & understands me so well. Very observant & smart too.

There was one incident that struck me by surprise. One nite after dinner, as I was lazying on the couch watching TV, I felt food stuck in between my teeth. Was struggling with my tongue trying to clear it. Without a word at all, she handed me a toothpick! I was so shocked! She's so "seng muk" that I really can't help but love her.

Here's another story:

The previous trip home, ASTRO reprogrammed & had all their channels changed. She handed me a list that she did all by herself & said: "Gu, Astro channels changed liao, but I made you a list of all the channels that you watch. You can refer to this":

Wah Lai Toi - 311
TVB Xing He - 314
AXN - 701
ESPN - 812
Star Sports - 813

& if I missed out anything, you can check for the channel number in 100..."

Yes indeed, those are my favourite channels! At a tender age of 10, she is able to make a list according to my preference & even add in the last remark, if there's anything else that you need, you can always refer to Channel 100...So responsible & pays attention to details. Don't you think? Even adults would be careless & miss out a thing or two. But not her...Dada was with me at that time, even HE was shocked. Isn't she sweet? I was so touched! How could I not love this child? She knows my preferences so well. Everything that she prepares for in anticipation of my arrival back home, is spot on. She's such a darling!

Baobei..Gugu miss you dearly..Happy birthday, hope you enjoyed yourself & sorry the telephone conversation was short..but definitely sweet.

No comments: