Wednesday, May 21, 2008

ThouGHts ON ouR BIG DAY

Have been thinking alot about our BIG DAY recently. Actually, have been talking about it for months; as we're both serious in this relationship. From the day the ANGEL PACKAGE was bought, we have been discussing in depth on this subject.

We've made the move to get to know more about wedding rituals & customs, especially with regards to our difference in religion. Mum insisted on a church ceremony, hence we have signed up to a Catholic Pre-Marriage talk. Which means that we can walk down the aisle, without Dada having to go through Baptism & catholic classes after classes. Thank God! Or else we really won't have the chance to get married if we were to go through all that!

Then, there's the difference in geographical locations. We have settled on having 2 dinners separately on both sides. One in KK (1st leg) for all my friends & family there, then another one in KL (2nd leg) for our colleagues from City of Entertainment; my other half of the family here; my other group of friends working here after graduating as well as HIS side.

We have been looking at alot of other couple's wedding video clips & photographs. We know what to take note & remember, as well as which ones to ignore..:-p We're also constantly looking at colours that complement our skin tone, white shoes (for me); shirts with assorted colours (for him) that we find suitable for our photo shoot session as well as the big day.

We've also note down mentally on songs for our wedding video clips, backgrounds for the photo shoots, what colours I should pick for evening gowns, what wedding gown cutting best suits me, which theme to go for (beach?harbour?jungle?)...etc. I shall not reveal our plans here! Let's wait & see..

I think we have also run through countless times in our minds how the whole thing should be...imagine our future together..till we grow old..However, the missing piece now would be, we have no idea on choosing the best date for our big day. But then..good news is that, we'll soon find out! As City of Entertainment will host a bridal fair for the 1st time in history completed with a Feng Shui master to talk about how to choose auspicious dates and all. Cool...I can't wait to see what they have in store for me so that I could pick up another few tips to make my day..the PERFECT DAY!

Mum & dad gave their input as well on their expectations & the things that we should & shouldn't do. Dad made one comment, that since both mummy & him will be coming over to KL at the end of the year, it would then be PARENTS MEET PARENTS day.However, dad made it clear that he WILL NOT consider travelling ALL the way to Taiping to meet them. To be fair for all, mum & dad will travel to KL from KK, where as THEY will travel from Taiping to KL to meet up. Coz dad said, according to customs, it should be the GUY's family coming over to meet the GAL's family. OK..fair enough.

Not forgetting, there's another VIP in my life, that Dada & I love dearly..my little baobei gave her comment as well. She DOESN'T want us to get married...why??For the simple naive reason that she thinks if we were to get married & have our own kids, both Dada & I won't love her as much. Gosh..I'm not sure which way I should react to this..cry as it sounds so touching & heartbreaking? Or laugh as we all know it won't be the case at all? There's always a soft spot in me that only she hits whenever she MANJA me like that..:) *sniff*sniff*

No comments: