Saturday, May 31, 2008

KotoBiaN TaDau KaamaTaN

To those who have never been exposed to this greeting..let me tell you what it means.."Happy Harvest Festival". Every year, on the 30th & 31st of May, the Kadazans & Dusuns from Sabah celebrate the harvest festival. This is when they harvest their hardwork over the whole year and celebrate.

Celebrations would include party all night long with "tapai" a kind of rice wine that is home made & quite strong. Apart from that, there's also the annual "Harvest Queen beauty pageant". It's called "Unduk Ngadau" in their language.

However, after working for 3 years here in West Malaysia, I still feel very strange and awkward that on Good Fridays and Harvest Festivals, I'll still have to work and there's no public holiday. Haha..

Well, actually another part of this blog that I want to mention is..I found another solution if I accumulated too much stress at work. I know now which is the 1st place I will visit for my "retail theraphy". I just found out yesterday that Lazo Diamond is opening a branch here in the City of Entertainment. Well, with the member privileges and everything, there's always an excuse to buy something...right? Hehehe..after all, 'DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER & ARE A WOMAN'S BEST FRIEND'. So how can I not look for my best friend when I'm upset?? *wink*wink*




No comments: