Saturday, May 24, 2008

GooDBYe Mr NiCe GuY

Tonight, there was a farewell party held for a very good looking, nice guy & gentleman, one of our AVPs. He's by far the BEST looking AVP who've appeared in the GG.

I wasn't lucky enough to work directly under him, however, Dada did. Almost everyday, he would have stories about this AVP. How helpful he was; how gentleman & nice he was; how he'd always cover up & protect his staff; how he would never put the blame on his subordinates & how he's always so calm to handle all sorts of situation; how high his EQ is & would never vent his anger on anyone; responsible & would never hesitate to assist & help out subordinates.

I encountered his kindness once, when I called informing him on a mistake done by someone else, that directly affected by project. He was calm & lent his support to me. He directed me the best way to settle this & later on ensured that everyone is clear & co-operates to minimise the damage done. He's not my direct superior or directly in my section, but was there first thing to help manage the situation. Much, much, much better than my superiors..who didn't even KNOW what was going on. Didn't lend their support & asked me back the same thing...only 2 weeks later. They didn't even bloody know what happened & how we have been trying to manage the situation all this while..demotivating??heartbreaking??heart fading??Exactly!

Well, for the farewell party, I didn't get the chance to be there & party all night long as I had HEAPS of stuff to do while waiting for Dada to finish work as well. However, as we both respect him, we stopped by on our way back to say goodbye. Dada have said his goodbye earlier. Hence, it's really ME who owes him a final goodbye.

So, off we went. Walked over to him & shook his hand, "Goodbye, best of luck. We'll be getting married next year..so make sure you come yeah.." He said " Sure, most definitely" I asked, "Will you be keeping this number?" He said, " No, but I'll leave u all my personal e-mail & contact number" "Oh, that'd be great! Take care..see ya" It was THEN that he let go of my hand..;) PERASAN..hahaha...He also waved & said goodbye to Dada before the door closed behind us...

Now, mind you..that's the trend here. The nice ones will leave as they can't stand the cunning ways, the politics & bitches & bastards working here. That's what I've been telling Dada..only those cunning, evil & bad ones will stay long in this company...so please, Dada...let's leave ASAP..before we both turn BAD as well...

No comments: