Tuesday, January 29, 2008

YeT aNotheR CNY aWaY froM HoMe :(

We're now less than 10 days away from CNY. Everywhere I go..I hear CNY music..no matter it's shopping centres, TV channels, radio stations..it's all GONG XI, GONG XI, GONG XI FA CAI...

I remember I used to be so excited when it's CNY around the corner since young. It's always full of hustle & bustle at home. It would be a whole lot of spring cleaning, rushing around shopping for new clothes & shoes...aunts & mummy will be busy making cookies, kuih kapit & heaps of other tasty tid-bits. Appointments with the hairstylist is a MUST DO as well. I always enjoy being pampered around to buy this & that in preparation to look my best for CNY.

However..in recent years..CNY seems like it's just any other day of the year. If not worse. Have to work alot harder all throughout the CNY period, have to control my emotions & have better EQ during those days. That's because, deep down inside, I'm so homesick! I miss my family dearly. Even more during those days. I always feel guilty..that I'm "anak derhaka" as I can't be home to celebrate the most important festival of the Chinese calendar with them.

I know the family is never complete without me. Reunion dinners on the eve have never been complete in recent years. I know, to a Chinese family, no matter how far away the children work throughout the year, parents always look forward to CNY. That's when the whole family meet up & have a reunion dinner. I know..I might sound really "kolot" for my age, but then I can't help it. Deep down, I'm still a very Chinese Chinese.

Blogging this just bring tears to my eyes. Every year, I long to have the chance to be home. To make the rest of the family happy. To be able to celebrate with them for a change. I still remember, the 1st year I was away from home for CNY (in 2001 when I was in Sydney), I called home on the 1st day. My brother told me something that made me cry on the spot. He said mum couldn't help it but cry when they were all seated at the reunion table without me. My niece, was so innocent to ask her, "Popo, why are you crying? U miss gugu is it?"

Nowadays, my mum is stronger. She told me she didn't cry anymore after that year. She told me not to shed a tear as well..coz one shouldn't cry during CNY. "Try & be strong, girl. My little cilipadi is always strong". Ok mum, I'll try. I know I have you as a role model. **I know for a fact that you miss me too..& probably hide somewhere to cry alone without letting anyone else see**

No comments: