Thursday, January 17, 2008

BaLi TriP

Finally, with the stress & worries put aside, I decided to give myself as well as Dada a well-deserved break & fully enjoy ourselves at Bali. Booked this trip quite a while ago, when Air Asia had RM0 fare promotion.

After around 2 hrs' drive down from Genting to LCCT, we had just enough time to check-in & grab a bite before having to board the plane. Then, a 3hr flight from KL to Denpasar, Bali. Our hotel, is just a 10min journey from the airport. Right from the very beginning, they did it right. Our room no is actually 1314..can u believe it?? So sweet..

Meant to be together..1314

We were very satisfied with our room condition. It was set up the Balinese way & includes a balcony with the poolside view as well. So, with that, we took a walk around town & found all the big international brands around. McD, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, KFC, New Zealand ice-cream..you name it, they've got it. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't very co-operative. It started to rain so we decided to stop by @ Starbucks for a latte before continuing our explore around town.


Starbucks Latte..always the BEST around the world

I like the mirror beside the bed..

In the Balinese mood..
Our bed is made up daily with these fresh flowers

I love the way the hotel make up our bed daily decorated with those fresh flowers! The 2nd day was spent continuing our explore around the area. We made a wise decision choosing that hotel as it was at the centre of everything. Luckily, the weather was permitting as well. It was bright & sunny, combine it with the energetic us + the friendliness of the locals = perfect!

We chose to join a half day tour, reserved for the 3rd day of our trip. We had fun looking around, though not much of shopping done, still..it was great as I found nice souvenirs for friends & colleagues back home.Later on in the afternoon, we headed back to the hotel & took a dip @ that really beautiful pool at the courtyard. After that, we went to a nearby restaurant (just a few steps away) & had a delicious Indonesian meal.

Enjoying a dip after a hot afternoon walk around town

Lou po & Lou Kong so cool...

The 3rd day, after breakfast, it became rainy again..:( So, we went back to our room, watched a bit of Australian Open while waiting for the rain to stop. We prayed hard for good weather in the afternoon so that it won't ruin our tour.We enjoyed the 1st class service by having room service for lunch. By then, the rain stopped & we were anticipating a great trip. We got ready & set off.

Our 1st stop was to the Royal Temple, then the monkey & flying fox forest, as well as Tanah Lot, where we should be just in time for sunset. I didn't take any nice pics @ the monkey forest as I was scared most of the time. The monkeys were left around to play freely. I'm afraid that one would jump up to my shoulders or attack me or something. I don't even dare to carry my bag as I'm afraid the monkeys will come grab it away from me! I got Dada to carry my bag most of the time & I didn't even dare to take my camera out to take pics! I was REALLY damn scared!

Tanah Lot, was really a magnificent view. However, too bad that it was windy & cloudy. Not really the perfect picture for a romantic sunset. We waited, hoping for the wind to stop blowing so strongly & hope for a glimpse of the much awaited sunset. However, the realistic side of me knew it won't happen. So, we headed back to the van. Just as I predicted, it started to drizzle. No sunset..:(

Ok, I'm safe..I can go in..;)

Royal Temple..for royal couples like us!!

Magnificent view..forget the messy hair

Ok, I know..I spoilt the picture :(

We were so fascinated with these glass bottles that we have not seen for more than a decade!

Ok, the trip has come to an end. We checked out @ noon & headed straight for the airport as our flight was 1355hrs. Not really that much time left as well. We bid our last goodbye to the hotel..but before that, I left a little something for them. I completed the survey form they left on the bed for us. However, not being the usual critic, I gave them high scores. This is because..I'm really satisfied with their service. Only the F&B part was a bit of disappointment. The breakfast buffet didn't have much variety. That's my only complaint. The rest...tres parfait!

@ the airport, I just have to take the pic of "sekarang siapapun bisa terbang" as it's true..tribute to Air Asia..without Air Asia, we won't be able to have frequent affordable trips back to KK, as well as to relax & enjoy ourselves. Thank you, Air Asia!

Filling in the hotel survey form..which scored high marks from me
One last one @ the pool..
Our trip, thanks to Air Asia..now everyone can REALLY fly

No comments: