Monday, January 21, 2008

3rd aNNiVerSarY WitH RWB

This day, marks not only a step towards my 3rd year of service with RWB, it's also the day I first met Dada. The encounter was nothing, but then, believe it or not, the first time I set my eyes on him, I just KNEW he's THE ONE.

I truly believe what people have told me previously, to not rush into a relationship, but then..when THE RIGHT ONE comes along, you'll just KNOW it..Now, I can certify this as a true statement..but mind you, it only happens to the REALLY LUCKY ONES..and those who truly believe in LOVE. (Oui, C'est Moi!)

Well, tonight I watched the greatest concert ever..of my 3 years working here. It's none other than one of the previously so-called "4 Heavenly Kings" ~ JACKY CHEUNG! It's also the first time I encountered a normal 2 shows stretch until a 3rd one...with all 3 being FULL HOUSE. It was more than 3 hrs, & although I had to stand for the whole 3hr duration, I didn't mind at all..coz it was REALLY WORTH IT.

Well, it's really very rarely that I speak so highly of someone, but he's really a great artiste. He's funny, romantic (he wrote songs specially dedicated to his wife & 2 daughters) & a true professional. He was on time to start his shows on all 3 nights & though he was having difficulty the 3rd night (I think he had a sore throat or something, not realy on top form) but..guess what? He didn't disappoint his fans...to him, THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

Going through all those numerous great hits with him throughout the night, I realised his songs have been a big part of me growing up. At one point in time, he asked the audience for how long have they followed his progress in the music industry..10 years? 20 years? Well, I'm not ashamed to say (although it means I'll disclose my age)..for me it has really been 20 years!

I remember his songs back from the very, very old days when my youngest aunt & my bro (who are of the same age) were teenagers..they introduced me to his songs..back then, he was already very popular, up till now, he still didn't lose any of his charms & will always be a threat to fellow competitors (those without much talent, but mostly clinging to dear life in the entertainment industry blessed with good looks).

Jacky Cheung..I salute you!

No comments: