Monday, September 29, 2008

CouSiNs' ViSiT to GeNTinG

Glad to receive a call from my cousin Ah Boy few weeks back asking me to help book hotel rooms for a 2 nite stay @ Genting. Yippee! Finally, this lonely Sabah Girl will have her family visiting! Hahaha..I have been working here for 3 years plus now & though they are all in KL, it's not like every weekend that they come up. This is their only 2nd visit since I started work here. What a pity eh...
8 of them came up, 3 aunts, 1 uncle, 3 cousins & one of my cousin's girlfriend, soon to be cousin sis-in-law. Met up with them when they were checking into their rooms at Resort Hotel, & dinner on the first night at Good Friend Restaurant. After dinner, brought them to apply for our Genting WorldCard. Oh yes, all of them would have to contribute to my KPI. Hahaha...
Dinner on the 1st night @ Good Friend

The elder ones couldn't get started on 'gaming' & I brought the rest to watch our in-house show Dreamz. What to do?? This is part of my marketing job, ok..so please bear with me. Hahaha..Before their visit, I have also applied for employee discounts for them at the theme park. So, that's where they spent the whole of the 2nd day.

A family portrait @ VIP Waiting Area (we all LOVE this pic)

Met up with them again for dinner, this time at Happy Valley. The discussion around the dinner table would definitely won't miss out on our 'wedding' which I really don't know when. Ah Dee, my cousin, the one with a girlfriend, would probably consider attending our wedding before migrating to Adelaide. Wow...so nice..but sorry Ah Dee, I have NO IDEA at all when would that be...

My aunts carried on talking about wedding rituals and customs. Each giving their opinions, inclusive of my elder cousin, Ah Boy, who has been to many, many weddings as Best Man as well as 'hing dais'. Well, I'm sure, at that table, Dada & I were not the only couple taking notes. Hahaha..Ah Dee & his girlfriend surely got some tips too. Hahaha...

After dinner, my aunts were once again eager to try their luck. So, we (the younger generation) went over to First World Plaza instead. Since they purchased the All Park tickets, they were still able to play at the Indoor Theme Park at night. We took a couple of pics, just for memory's sake. Then, Dada & I had to say goodbye to them as he will be checking in for midnight shift.

Sigh...these 2 cousin brothers basically grew up with me & my childhood memories were filled with their mischevious acts. Unfortunately, they moved back to KL when I was in Standard 3. Since then, I was left all alone in KK, & only get to see them 2 or 3 years once on our family visits to KL.

And Genting would ALWAYS be in our itinerary for a complete family vacation together. We had many memories fooling around in Genting. It for a moment made me warm at heart thinking about those memories, while seeing all the happy faces around me tonight. We've all grown up to lead our own lives. I'm abit sad that Ah Dee is really migrating soon, but also happy for him & Sze Sze at the same time. As for Ah Boy, he has always been the loud mouth 'kao lui wong' but the slowest to have a significant half. Haha..& as for me, who would have thought, when I grow up, I'd be working here & this is where I found Dada (or HE found me)? More importantly, HOW MUCH LONGER will I be stuck here? How would my future be? I really wonder...

(L-R)Sze Sze, Ah Dee, Ah Boy, Ah Mei, ME & Ah Tzu

No comments: