Thursday, September 25, 2008

In SeaRcH of tHe PeRFeCT RiNG

This off days, we had a really important thing to do..which is...to search for our wedding bands. Before that, HE would have to get the perfect proposal ring as well. We have been constantly searching for it. As there's no deadline, we do not feel the pressure. So it was just happy-go-lucky searching for it. We both agreed that once we see something that we like, we'd go.."that's it, that's the one" & grab it without hesitation.

Thanks to an ex-colleague who was online chatting with me, we made a spur of the moment decision to go up to Penang searching for it. Since my ex-colleague Charmaine sent me so many links & they all look gorgeous. I charmed Dada into taking me there right away!

I know, I have chosen the right guy. I sometimes really can't believe how lucky I am. He's really a great guy, loves me dearly & treats me like a princess..:)

So off we went to Queensbay Mall arriving around 1 hour & 15mins later at 3.45pm.

Queensbay Mall..here I come...

Patiently waiting for Dada to finish his Latte before we start hunting for the rings

After a sip of coffee, we went hunting for IT..there were many jewellery shops in the mall. OE, Diamond & Platinum, Lazo Diamond, Poh Kong & a few others. We saw one at OE, the diamonds very clear & BIG in a row, but it was very pricey. So, we decided to give that a miss. Then, we saw one that is really nice as well, but the salesgirl said they wouldn't be able to alter it. Coz the design doesn't allow it. Once altered, the shape & design might not be in place anymore...:( too bad. So, we basically left the place empty-handed. I didn't buy anything else.

However, there's also another mission for us to drive all the way to Penang...to meet my ex-colleague Charmaine. While waiting for her to get off work, we drove around Penang Island & ended up at Gurney Drive, just in time to watch the sunset.

Sunset @ Gurney Drive

It was also dinner time for us already, ring-hunting for the whole afternoon made us really hungry. We ordered a bit of everything: Char Kueh Teow, Laksa & Fried Oyster.Other than the Char Kueh Teow, which was not really good, the other 2 were OK. We loitered around while waiting for Charmaine.It was really great to meet up with her. We had alot of catching up to do. While I filled her with all the gossips from work, she told me about herself too. It was really fun gossiping like the good old days. We finally had to call it a day around 10pm as Dada looked tired & there's another long drive back to Taiping ahead of us..sigh~~

The many stalls at Gurney Drive

The other end of stalls
Charmaine & I after around of gossiping

The next day, another long drive - back to Genting. As usual, we chose to leave Taiping on Wednesday, leaving us an extra day to head over to KL. But then, we left late, around 7pm as Dada needed to have a haircut & the salon was packed. We had to wait but we put the time to good use, doing grocery shopping at Tesco before we head back to the salon.

We stopped at the Bukit Gantang for a toilet break. It was a nice stop, the place looks nice & pleasant. We saw this little hut right in the middle of the road. I feel like I'm at a Kampung! Too bad there isn't any paddy field around. Haha...it looks comfortable too! Just feel like climbing on to it & snore all the way...zzzZZZzz

Just feel like sleeping on it in the hot afternoon sun

Thursday, last day before going back to work. Our 'last' chance to hunt for the perfect ring, or we will have to put it to rest & wait till our next off days next month.

Our target locations this time: Sg Wang, Lot 10 & Times Square. Obviously, we spent the whole afternoon at Sg Wang. There was Diamond & Platinum, SK Diamonds, Lazo Diamond, Weng Kong, Tomei & many, many more. I saw one that looks really OK at Diamond & Platinum. But the picture below is not clear. I only realise now that it's not easy to take a clear picture of a diamond. That made itself into our final list that we narrowed down to 3.

We then went to look for a salesman that we got to know when we made a purchase at Lazo Diamond couple of years back. He served us really well & went all the way to look for more choices for us from other branches within his company. So, that's where we selected the other 2 finalists to be on our list. It's all under KIV. Going back to the proposal ring, yes...he found one for me..BUT I refused to accept it yet as there isn't any formal proposal yet..Haha...so it's kept somewhere in 18-18..under his care. NOT mine yet...

One of the many choices that I'm still considering

No comments: