Thursday, August 7, 2008

OuR JuLY KK TRiP

I'm back from a 10-day well-spent trip back home to KK. Mum, Dad & Baobei, of course..I miss you all dearly. I really long to have more time with you all...

But whenever I see the picture below, my heart just melts from the love & warmth that I get from home. I know they love me dearly...& I love them too.

Family Photos

Dada is also considered part of the family nowadays. My parents pamper him more than they pamper me nowadays! He's getting all the attention! Mum cooks his favourite dishes & dad proposes to go to the restaurants that serve Dada's favourites as well!

How dare he snatch that spotlight from me! Grrr...

But then, he surprised me by volunteering to buy me the GUESS wallet that have been eyeing on since Day 2 back in KK & finally purchased it after I took several days considering whether I really need that new wallet or not. The answer is always..of course..YES, coz I'm worth it!

A gift from Dada

The week that we were back, Baby was actually having her exams. Hence, we had little activities when she was around in order not to distract her. We only go out in the afternoon while she's at school. Poor us..haha..We only managed some of the usuals like haircut, shopping around & looking out for new stuff around the city.

We promised to take her to 1 Borneo, the newly opened 'hypermall' in KK on Saturday after her tuition class. We also promised a whole afternoon of fun, a movie @ the cinema (Batman-the Dark Knight) & dinner of her choice (which she chose Sushi King). We really did have a whole afternoon of fun. Which it was also sweet to hear her say, "Thank you Gugu, today is one of the happiest day I had, with you & Ah Fei Ko Ko (Dada) back!" completed with a hug & kiss. So sweet..it melted my heart.

Universiti Malaysia Sabah-you'll pass by this on your way to 1 Borneo
Dada & BaoBei shooting baskets
@ 1Borneo with my Baobei
Ta Da~this is 1 Borneo
I look sooo small behind Dada..haha


Next day, we went to Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Springs. Coz as I felt very guilty, to always lock Dada in at home (to hibernate) or only go shopping with me whenever he's back in KK with me. It's a pity that we do not explore around much. He has not been to the nearby islands nor have seen the sight of the famous Mt Kinabalu at all before this. I seriously feel bad about this.

However, we managed to do something this time! Haha..we started our journey early. Around 7.30am & reached our 1st stop- Poring Hot Springs after more than 2 hours' drive. Gosh..

Later on, after everyone is done with the Hot Springs, we went on to something more adventurous! The canopy walk is a MUST GO when you are at Poring. With the suspension bridge up @ more than 2,000 feet high, it's really not for the faint hearted. One would have to be physically fit as well coz you'll need to hike up a distance before reaching the canopy bridges.

Mum was at 1st very sporting & wanted participate as it was sort of a 'family' thing. But then, she stopped halfway hiking up as she couldn't do it & we don't wanna force her as well. Daddy, being the loving husband, of course volunteered to stay back with mum although I know he would LOVE to continue on..(just to show that he is fit & age does not matter).

Hence, Baobei, Dada & myself continued on & it was actually the 3rd time I have gone up on this canopy walk. The first 2 times being more than a decade ago!! Hahaha...

Thank God, Baobei behaved well during the walk. I was so afraid that she would be crying & refuse to finish the walk due to fear. But she's a brave little one! I supported her all the way, asking her to look in front, try not to look down as it would make your legs shake further. She did so & I'm sooo proud of her!

After that, we went on to Kinabalu Park for lunch & to be nearer to Mt Kinabalu. Before that, it was also great to meet up with my uni bestie MJ at Poring. Back from the canopy walk, I managed to take a pic with her but it's still a pity that we're both so busy with work these days, we don't get to catch up much. I guess that's just part of life, friends do come & go as we go into different stages in our lives. It's a pity though..do hope that we would have more chances in the future to rekindle the friendship that we shared those 2 years in Curtin.

Mt Kinabalu - isn't it beaaaautiful?
Mummy, Baby & Me @ the Hot Springs entrance
Baby & dada having a dip in the Hot Springs
Still smiling after the 2nd bridge
Coincidentally, met up with MJ @ Poring!

Tired after the canopy walk
Waiting for our food to come
One happy family @ Kinabalu Park
Baobei & I with lots of Morning Glory

With Sunday so packed with activities, nothing much happened next apart from Dada helping out to choose a new PC for the family. He also took the opportunity to give Baobei some computer lessons on scanning, printing & so on. With that, Daddy rewarded Dada with supper @ Chuan Hing Penampang famous for its "wo tie" or fried dumplings. Something rare in West Malaysia. It's Dada's favourite. See..told you Dada is gaining the popularity in my family & even my usual cool Dad shows more & more signs of pampering him..

The night before we left, had dinner @ Si Hai Ting, which I have previously blogged on the Peking Duck. However, we didn't order that & this time opted to try out other stuff. Wasn't really in the mood to eat much as it's our final night there...I know the trip is coming to an end & we are leaving the next day..:(

After dinner, we went for a walk at the KK jetty, which has recently undergone transformation in the efforts to make the city look more attractive.

Baobei & I @ the Shark roundabout
KK Jetty with Baobei (right) & Daddy (left) in the background
Baobei & I @ the door to the dining hall @ Si Hai Ting
Sigh, that's the end of our 10 days trip back. I just wish they are not that far away from me. I hate myself for choosing to work so far away sometimes. Sigh..but I know..I have always been reminded of our commitments here. There's no turning back now. I just hope I can spend more time with Mum, Dad & Baobei in future. I hope they will change their mind again & come over to stay with us as initially planned. Coz there's just nearly 0 chance of this KK girl heading back there.

No comments: