Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MiSSioN aCComPLisHeD

So, after today, all the things that we have aimed to buy have been bought. We completed our shopping list today by purchasing 2 sets of Sony Ericsson W910i. As spoken, the brown one for Dada, the white one for me. I was still in dilemma on whether to get the red one or the white one. Hmm..but then actually, thanks to the Sony Salesperson, he said red should be "ong" meaning lucky in Hokkien. However, thinking back, of the 2 years that I have been using my red K610i, my luck has been..well..so-so.

Therefore, in the end, I chose to buy the white one, with no regrets but only hope for better luck.

We spent the whole day at IKEA + Ikano Powerhouse + the Curve. We wanted to leave at around 6.30pm, however, it was raining heavily. With the infamous KL after work traffic + rain, we decided to linger around longer as we don't really want to waste time caught in the traffic.

We walked back to IKEA thinking of doing another round of survey getting ideas to decorate our home. At the entrance..we met someone! Guess who?? He was our 4th Prime Minister, the man who has led the country from the year before I was born till 2003, the year before I graduated from Uni. Who? Answer: Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad!!

Not really sure why he was there. Probably just a normal Malaysian citizen needing some home furnishing from IKEA? Haha..he was surrounded by bodyguards. Many took the opportunity to shake hands & take pics with him. I took the chance too, to rush over & ask Dada to take it. I didn't know what to say, so I just managed a simple HI. Didn't bring my Sony T-70 camera, so will just have to make do with my Sony Ericsson K610i. Probably the last pic I'm gonna take with this phone before it has to "move over" & make room for my W910i..;-)

With Tun Mahathir @ IKEA

No comments: