Thursday, April 2, 2009

SicK SicK Me..

For the 1st time in my life, I came down with food poisoning earlier in the week. I just woke up on Sunday morning...feeling stomach pain. I've always had problems with stomach...gastric..stomach cramps..too much wind..whatever..you name it.

So, I just ignored it & made myself breakfast. But halfway through breakfast, I sensed something not quite right. That's why I didn't help myself with a cup of coffee. Soooo unlike me! Hoping that it's not going to be anything serious, I headed to work.

After a while, I just couldn't help it. I rushed to the toilet & there goes my breakfast..So, I went to the clinic to get a number. A really not so sympathetic nurse gave me a number & asked me to come back at 4pm. Which is 3 WHOLE hours away! I REALLY REALLY HATE the 'service' that they provide here. Can't you see that the patients are all really helplessly sick, that's why they are here?? Can't even show some sympathy at all!

I walked back to my office, hoping that I could lie down somewhere till 4pm. But my colleagues could see that I wasn't my usual self, so one of them accompanied me to the clinic again to get the nurses to attend to me first. So they gave me some pills & I was told to rest for 1 hour. If I still throw up after that, I have to go back immediately & they will attend to me first. So, the obedient me did exactly what I was told. Spot on 1 hour later, I threw up again. So I walked back to the clinic & waited to see the doctor.

Wow, I was called in, then without touching me, the doctor asked me to lie down in the sick bay & he wants to drip glucose into me...OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have NEVER experienced that in my life! I have SEEN it in movies..& it's supposed to be painful..they will stab a needle into me..NOOOOOOOOOO!!! But what to do..in the end, that was EXACTLY what happened. I still throw up after that..& the doctor gave me 2 days MC. 2 days!! The longest MC I have taken in my 4 years working here...Not a great experience!

I later on, called home to 'minta simpati' haha...in the end...I got the attention I wanted...mum, dad & baobei called me one by one to talk to me & gave me a lecture each. They asked me to take good care of myself, please pay attention to the food that I take, the hygiene, the nutritional facts..etc everything. Hmmm...I feel loved...(not only by Dada..who was away at a conference, but came back everyday to make sure I'm OK) but always & forever, from Daddy, Mummy & Baobei too...:)

You see..the place where the needle went in left a mark that stayed for days

No comments: