Friday, October 10, 2008

THe 1010 pRoPoSaL

10th October, 0100++hours: A very magical, historical moment in our lives. He proposed! After waiting for sooo long...he finally did it! It wasn't what I initially had in mind of my dream wedding proposal. I had always wanted a grand, romantic one where it must be in public that he goes on bended knees, slip the diamond into my finger, completed with flowers..with a huge public watching with envious looks...

Haha...but last night, I realised, a quiet moment with just the 2 of us is ALL that matters. Actually, our conversation leading to the proposal, was very meaningful. I was talking about how I felt so insecure, coz of a comment from a friend who recently broke up. She said at first, she thought that distance is always a problem in a relationship. But then, not now coz she & her ex-bf have been together in the same place & see each other everyday. At the end, he still left her & they still can't maintain their relationship. So, after pondering on this, I agreed. We shouldn't take things for granted and when things change, means there's no point in hanging on to it. Doesn't mean that you see that person 24hours a day, nothing will change; or that out of sight will definitely equal to out of mind.

Also, partly it's because for the past week, we have not been able to spend much time together due to work commitment. Here I am just back from Johor Bahru on Monday night, we only had Tues, Wed & Thurs before he had to leave me here all by myself to standby at KLIA for this weekend...:(

So, just suddenly, he took out the ring & said: "I wanna propose to you now, I want you to stay by my side forever, & I promise to stay by your side, taking care of you, loving you 1314. Be mine forever.." & he slipped the ring onto my finger...*sniff*sniff*

I cried..& we hugged each other tightly, never wanting to let go...

I couldn't sleep after that..too excited to feel the ring on my right ring finger...I love you, Dear..

My proposal ring

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the both of you. Well, my wife and I just got married last month and it was on a very meaningful day as well. I wish happiness forever! :)

sMaLL FisH said...

Thanks dixon, yeah...i saw the pics in ur blog...u got married on ur bday! Lucky guy..wish u & ur wife all the best as well..update more on the progress of our new home ok..tc!