Saturday, March 1, 2008

HaPPy NeW MoNtH

Happy New Month everyone! Yes..this is the month to be excited..coz this little princess will be celebrating her birthday soon...hehehe

Actually, I was about to sleep, however..I suddenly remembered what Dada told me so I HAVE to do this now. He's away again for the weekend to standby at another location. So, I miss him like hell..not sure if he misses me? Anyway, if he does, he can always read my blog..(that's the reason I'm blogging now).

Hmm..actually, I have something to talk about here. I was busy doing some 'research' on something with the TV on E! News, the THS was on Nicole Kidman. Hence, it came across her wedding with Keith Urban in 2006. The wedding location looked sooo damn familiar..and I realised...it's actually the college I attended in Sydney! Yeah, it's a very, very unique building & a beauuuutiful place. When I was studying there, it's known as International College of Tourism & Hotel Management (ICTHM) but they renamed it recently to ICMS - Internatinal College of Management, Sydney...:(

I remember almost every weekend back at college, there's bound to be wedding receptions. We students get the chance to work part time doing waitressing & bartending jobs to earn some money those days. (But I've never done that..coz I mostly spend my weekends getting drunk, shopping, visiting other great locations in Sydney &..well, those are the things you do in college, right?)

I remember watching 2 movies using our college as a filming location too. One was Muriel's Wedding & the other one was Looking for Alibrandi (we watched this during a "Movie Night" at college too..& we were very proud of the building that we live, eat, sleep & study in).

Yes, I have imagined having my wedding reception there too...but then it is just going to be a dream..as I'm no Nicole Kidman & I can't possibly just whisk my friends & families in Malaysia off to Sydney & have this dream wedding..but in a more realistic way..I HAVE thought of going back there with Dada..to show him the place I spent 2 wonderful years at..a place that helped me grow & be who I am today; the place I spent my most vulnerable & difficult days as I was a little girl, who first got the taste of being away from home & learn to be independent; the place I met many, many wonderful friends from all over the world...those were the days...how I wish I'll be able to meet them again one day...I really miss those days, whenever I think back, I feel like it happened in another lifetime...but once in a while I will be reminded that they are real as I log in to my Facebook account and see their faces again...:)

Magnificent view..ICMS

No comments: