Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy MotHeR's DaY - PearL or DiaMonD?

Yessss...as it's known worldwide, yesterday was Mother's Day. So, being the lovely daughter, I wanted to call mum 1st thing in the morning, right after I got off work (midnight shift). But then, wanting her to sleep in, didn't have the heart to wake her up as early as 7am.

So, I went back, took a shower & 'wasted' time FB-ing before picking up the phone to call her at 8am. But then, she didn't answer after 2 tries...so I gave up & went to bed.

Woke up at around 4.30pm & first thing in my mind that's UNDONE is to call her. So, I tried again & again, no answer. Then I tried calling Baobei's number instead. Baobei said she's home alone while mum took the day off playing mahjong at a friend's place. Baobei said she'll be back any minute coz daddy just went over to pick her up. So I chatted with Baobei, feeling deep inside that I miss them sooooo dearly! I have not been home since the BIG DAY!! & we're celebrating our 6-month Anniversary this 28th! Gosh!! Time really flies!

So, just as mummy stepped into the house, I got Baobei to pass the phone to her. Wished her Happy Mother's Day & told her I miss her...so so much! She said, "Miss you too, dear!" & then, this conversation between us was so nice, that I wanna remember it forever:

Me: Mum, can I ask u something? Am I your 掌上明珠?? (Got the idea from TVB's latest series)
Mum: What do you think is my answer, my dear?
Me: Errr....I think I'm not your 掌上明珠, but your 掌上钻石!!
Mum: Yessss!! You are right! You're always mummy's precious diamond!! Everyone knows..Even your Uncle John said that on your Wedding Day!

Awwww....so sweet....miss you & love you so so so very the muchie, Mama...See you next month!

No comments: